- The Indianapolis Indians win 2 in a row in comeback fashion
- Chicago Steam Advances to ABA Final Eight
- ABA Announces Final 8
- Huge runs propel Lions to Regional Championship
- Tharp and Denhart Grounds Falcons
- Trade Deadline Grades As I See Them
- NUPBL Set to Launch Four New Teams
- King$ Court – S2 E4 – Tara Cochran
The Indianapolis Indians Start The Season With A Win
- Updated: April 7, 2017
INDIANAPOLIS: Opening day for the Indianapolis Indians was Thursday and they were ready.
The Indians hosted the Toledo Mud Hens and it was a brisk night for opening night. The Toledo Mud Hens got out to a quick start getting two runs in the first inning.
Then the Indians found their groove and started swinging the bats. Gift Ngoepe hit a game tying home run in the second inning making 2-2.Then Matt Murton singled in a run to give the Mud Hens the lead.
Max Moroff hit a solo home run in the seventh inning the home run by Moroff came in the midst of a five-run inning and gave the Indians a 5-3 lead. Later in the inning, Elias Diaz hit a two-run double.
In the top of the eighth, Toledo cut into the deficit on a triple by John Hicks that scored Michael Almanzar.
A.J. Schugel (1-0) got the win with a scoreless inning in relief while Angel Nesbitt (0-1) took the loss in the International League game. Edgar Santana struck out the side for his first save of the season.